Poultry Litter Treatment
|Package Size||50 lb|
PLT®-poultry litter treatment has proven to be the most effective and economical litter acidifier available. PLT® creates a beneficial environment in the poultry house by controlling ammonia released from the litter and reducing litter pH levels, allowing birds to optimize their genetic potential. The ammonia bound by PLT® reduces environmental emissions and increases the nutrient value of poultry manure.
Flexible. PLT® can be used in any litter-based commercial poultry operation including those that grow broilers, breeders, turkeys, commercial pullets and layers, quail, pheasants and ducks.
Easy & safe application. PLT® can be applied using any type of spreader and it’s the only litter amendment that can be safely applied with birds in the house. Plus, PLT® is the only litter amendment that is classified as non-hazardous and non-corrosive.
Fuel Savings. By immediately binding ammonia, PLT® decreases ventilation needs, which reduces fuel costs.
Valuable poultry manure. By turning volatile ammonia into stable ammonium sulfate, the value of the poultry manure increases.
PLT® meets the guidelines of a “Green” ingredient. It is:
- Ozone friendly
PLT®follows the principles of “Green Chemistry” as described by the EPA and the California Department of Toxic Substances Control:
- The production process generates no waste and uses no solvents
- The process is analyzed in real time to prevent pollution and maximizes “atom economy” by containing all of the starting materials in the final products
- It is designed to be fully effective and has little toxicity
- It degrades after use breaking down into innocuous substances
- It is designed to minimize the potential for accidents including explosions, fires, and releases to the environment.